The Professional Scrum Master (PSM) course covers the principles and (empirical) process theory underpinning the Scrum framework, and the role of the Scrum Master in it. This course is a combination of instruction and team- based exercises, and teaches what is at the heart of the Scrum and Agile movement. The PSM is the cutting-edge course for effective Scrum Masters and for anyone coaching a software development team toward increased efficiency and effectiveness.
8 September2 days, 09:00 AM - 05:30 PM
Professional Scrum Master training focuses on understanding Scrum to help participants use the framework effectively. During the class participants work on real-life cases that challenge them to think in terms of the Scrum principles to better understand what to do when returning to the workplace
Professional Scrum MasterTM (PSM) is a 2-day course that covers the principles and (empirical) process theory underpinning the Scrum framework, and the role of the Scrum Master in it. This course is a combination of instruction and team-based exercises, and teaches what is at the heart of the Scrum and Agile movement. The course also includes a free attempt at the globally recognised Professional Scrum Master I certification exam (PSM I).
Over the 2 days, students will see why PSM is the cutting-edge course for effective Scrum Masters and for anyone coaching a team toward increased efficiency and effectiveness. The course includes advanced thinking for servant-leadership and behavioural shifts.
- Clear understanding of the rules of Scrum through the empirical foundation of Scrum
- Act as Scrum Masters for Scrum Teams and stakeholders from an in-depth understanding of servant-leadership
- Effectively start using Scrum
- Increase the effectiveness of Scrum underway
Who should attend?
The Professional Scrum Master course is for anyone involved in software development using the Scrum framework. It is particularly beneficial for those people within an organisation accountable for getting the most out of Scrum, including Scrum Masters, managers, and Scrum Team members.
- All participants completing the Professional Scrum Master course will receive a password to attempt the Professional Scrum Master I (PSM I) assessment. PSM class participants who attempt the PSM I assessment within 14 days of receiving their free password and do not score at least 85% will be granted a 2nd attempt at no additional cost.
- You are also entitled to a 40% discount on the PSM II assessment once passing PSM I. The industry-recognised PSM certifications require a minimum passing score.
- 2 full days of training with a Professional Scrum Trainer and highly experienced practitioner.
- 14 Project Management Institute (PMI) PDUs after attending a two-day Professional Scrum Master II (PSM II) class.
- Lunch and light refreshments (morning tea, afternoon tea, and coffee) for face to face training.
- Scrum theory and principles
- The Scrum Framework
- The Definition of Done
- Running a Scrum project
- Working with people and teams
- Scrum in your organisation
- The role of the Scrum Master
About the Trainer
Lachlan has worked in the Australian software industry for over 20 years across many different sectors and in roles from development to management. He started using Scrum over 15 years ago and has worked in delivery and on several major and many small Agile change programs in Australia. Lachlan uses his experiences in his training sessions to give everyone some real examples of the successes and challenges that come with Agile.
His curiosity into how and why Scrum works has lead him to complete many certifications and years of university study. He is researching modern team leadership for a PhD at the University of Newcastle and has written a book on Scrum with many international gurus including two of the founders of the framework. In his spare time, he helps out with the Agile Australia conference.